Monday, January 11, 2010

Sneaking Exercise in Your Daily Routine.

When I was in my teens I used to love listening to music and go for a stroll on my terrace. It was kind of my daily schedule then. I still enjoy listening to music and now it is my constant partner while I am exercising.

I am not a very big fan of exercise but nevertheless I set aside 45 -60 minutes for my workout schedule. For me music is a great boost that keeps me working on a machine.

If you find exercise boring then combine it with some fun activity. For me music works. Try thinking something you would love to do with your exercise.

Watching TV and exercising also works great. You can have cardio serials i.e exercise while watching your favorite program.

Few Suggestions:

1. If you have a big drawing room you can walk to and fro while watching TV i.e 30 -40 min of continuous moving.

2. Basic hands and legs exercises. Rotating your shoulder, moving you hands, rotating your waist. Very basic exercises, you can Google them. This might sound a bit over board but if you do this diligently you will see the difference yourself. Idea here is to sneak workout in your schedule no matter how busy it is.

3. If you can't go out for a walk, Google walk in home techniques. Start on some music and walk in place. This is a good cardio workout, you won't imagine how much sweat this generates because though your body is in continuous motion it works hard to keep you stay on one spot.

4. If you want to try something other than conventional exercises, then dancing, swimming, hula loop are some other great cardios.

You can make any boring exercise fun by doing it with some fun activity. So whenever you are sitting and just thinking how to start with a boring exercise routine why not do the thinking while taking 10 rounds in your room :).

3 comments:

  1. hmmm...some good tips, i do sit around and daydream for way to long, i should just grab my mp3 and go for a walk instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am doing this for the past one month. I can find a little difference but not noticebale by my friends....hmmmmm!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Smile,

    My family and friends noticed a difference in me once I lost 10 kgs just be patient and consistent.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.