Do you remember the excitement as a child to start and finish a project. When we start and complete anything there is a sense of achievement.
At work I loved documenting my project, I always had my own progress tracking file, to know where I started, where I am going and where I will finish.
Project weight loss can be fun if you decide to start it. Basics are simple but you need to follow them to the T.
For this project you will need
1. Weighing Scale - If you hate to weigh yourself, this is a good place to start. I hated to weigh myself until I decided to loose for good. Most fat people don't weigh themselves. Just by ignoring something will not make it go away. Make it a point to weight yourself twice a week. This will help to prevent any further weight gain, so if you won't loose you will not gain either.
2. Food dairy - A very lethal tool. Before eating mindfully just write down whatever you eat and at the end of the day see how much went inside your stomach. This will also help you to see your weak timezones i.e the time of the day when you are extremely hungry and grabbed anything in sight and stuffed yourself. You can track this in the dairy and prepare yourself.
For me 6:00 pm was the time, when I was extremely hungry and would love to have a vada pav after office, now I have tofu slice and tea :). And no matter what, I am always prepared for my 6:00 pm hunger. Check out my dairy here The Tale of My 2009 dairy
3. Good pair of walking shoes - Walking is the best exercise, own a good pair of shoes and make walking your ME time. Let no one disturb you in your walking hour and walk away the pounds.
4. Pre Cooked Meals - I will write a whole article on this one but for now you should always be prepared. I always have something healthy in my fridge to grab and eat when the hunger hits home.
5. Weight Log - I had my weight log on CalorieCount.about.com. If you log your weight when there is 1 KG change, you will be motivated in seeing the chart. Mine is attached below.
6. Believe - This is the most important thing. Believe you will loose weight and believe that you will start and finish this project.