Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Queen of Fats

The best case study is me myself. I have told you about my success but do you know about my failures. Failures made me what I am and I love my failures.

I had lost so many battles with weight loss and one of them was when I was in mumbai. I was working and I joined a gym in an attempt to loose weight.

A typical day in my life back then

1. The company bus would come at 8:00 am sharp. So I would just grab my breakfast and would run to catch the bus.

2. My breakfast was a sandwich and tea. If I am not getting anything from home then it was from office which was a big plate of poha/upma.

3. I am a software engineer and my work is done sitting at the desk. Lunch would be home made food, that is, 2 chapattis and sabji.

4. Usually, with co-workers we would either catch someone to give us a samosa/patties party OR would have vada pav after office.

5. I was home by 7:00 pm all tired but would push myself to go to gym. I was back home by 9:00 pm, hardly had any energy and would collapse on bed. I tried getting up early and going to gym but that would leave me tired at office. Hunger pangs keep hitting me and I would have a full dinner before going to bed.

Mental work tires you as much as the physical one.

I didn't loose weight with that kind of life style. I was simply too tired. I had no time to exercise but was pushing myself. Now I think it would have been better to just go for a walk and eat simple food. It would have benefited me much better than the gym.

Presently, I have just shifted to a new country and have yet to start job search. I am basically a lazy person who just spends time in front of her computer. But no matter what, I do exercise for 45 minutes.

In my previous posts I have given the diet that I follow.

Weakness - Lazy

Strength - Commitment to exercise, can control food portion even being a foodie. My family specially my sister is so surprised to see me exercise so vigorously. She would stand in her balcony just to admire me walking fast because according to her that is the only time she saw me moving. She would also lovingly wave to motivate me to move faster when my legs were already killing me.
It was a great shock for my family to see me eating less or refusing to eat outside.

Its very very important to analyze yourself. There is no point in being tired and beating yourself to death for weight loss. Weigh loss should easily fit in your lifestyle and it shouldn't be a forceful addition.

I discovered my strength in exercising, I enhanced my strength and now it is a part of my life.

We cannot live a peaceful life with anything or anyone that generates pressure on us. Same rule for weight loss, you cannot continue with it for life if you feel pressurized to behave in a certain manner to loose weight.

4 comments:

  1. You know I get high when I come back from the gym but still I have to pull my self hard when its time to go the gym.

    Losing weight requires lot of will power.

    Hey !! thanks for visiting my blog and liking it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anamika,

    We all have to pull ourselves to gym. Hard work does carve a good body. It was amazing reading your blog, specially the recipe section.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiva no post today...Please try to be regular with your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,

    I will try to be regular for sure. Let me know though, who is this.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.