Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lentil Crepe

Previously, I had done a post on Lentil Pancakes. Lots of people liked them but one query that is always asked was how many can they eat and they make them really thick. The thing is that excess of everything is bad. So, if you like Lentil pancakes and you want to make them thick then have 2 as your main meal.

Now, lentil crepes is a thinner version of the pancakes but it is made with only 2 types of lentil, the yellow mung and white urad.

Because they are thin in nature they are very delicate and soft and they make for a perfect post workout meal. You can have 2 or 3 of these as a snack/mini meal or post workout meal.

Ingredients :

1. Equal portion of yellow mung dal and white urad dal. Wash thoroughly and soak overnight. Drain and make a smooth paste. Add salt to taste in this mixture.



2. Coriander mint chutney.

3. Finely chopped carrots and french bean. Cut them into thin strips and then saute them in a pan with 1 tsp of oil. Don't over cook them, they need to me firm and crisp, crumble paneer on top of them and mix well. Add salt and black peeper to taste.

You can make this stuffing the way you want, you can add spices, tomato anything that suits your taste and imagination.



Procedure.

1. On a non stick pan, spread few drop of oil and with a stoop lighly spread them (this is how I cook my pancakes with real less oil), you can also use an oil spray.

2. Now, spread the lentil batter. Make sure to spread it thin. This batter is smooth so it will spread evenly.



3. Cook the crepe from both the side.



4. Now, on one side spread the chutney and then arrange the topping. Seal it like an envelope and flip.




5. Take it out in a plate and serve.



I like them cold, so they really behave themselves when kept in the fridge and taste nice too.

Come take a bite.

9 comments:

  1. Hey,I have been reading your blog silently and kudos!I am on a fat loss journey too and have around *gasp* 12 kgs to lose.

    I am doing this thing where I have healthy home cokked stuff every two hours a day.I really look forward to your recipes knowing that I can eat them without a worry.

    I tried your dal-makhni a few days back and it turned out just fine!

    Why don't you join #bigloser on twitter going on currently and give us your advise there?If you do join in please don't forget to mention your handle/username on your blog here.

    Much love :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear IComment,

    Thanks for liking my blog and I am glad that you like my recipes.

    I am on twitter and will surely follow #bigloser.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind sharing your handle here if you're on twitter please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Icomment,

    If you read this then please let me know how should I follow #bigloser, sorry I am bit new to twitter so does not know my way around. I am on twitter with the same fatchicgoesslim id.

    Thanks for your help.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear IComment,

    My id on twitter is fatchicgoesslim.

    Love

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey search for #bigloser in the search tab of twitter.There is not a way to "follow" #bigloser it as such,I believe there is a handle with @bigloserfeed,you could follow that.

    Every time you add a #bigloser in your tweet,it's gets tagged and all of us doing this #bigloser thing can see your tweet then.

    I know it kind of sounds complicated,just play around with it,I am sure you'll figure it out.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear iComment,

    I sat down and figured it out. Tweeted with #bigloser but some how my tweet is only showing in my profile. I am wondering why is it not showing in public search. Let me know if you saw my tagged tweet, I just sent across my blog link :D

    Love

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi shiva,

    As usual great !!! loved it .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Soul Speak,

    Thanks for liking the recipe.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.