Previously, I had done a post on Lentil Pancakes. Lots of people liked them but one query that is always asked was how many can they eat and they make them really thick. The thing is that excess of everything is bad. So, if you like Lentil pancakes and you want to make them thick then have 2 as your main meal.
Now, lentil crepes is a thinner version of the pancakes but it is made with only 2 types of lentil, the yellow mung and white urad.
Because they are thin in nature they are very delicate and soft and they make for a perfect post workout meal. You can have 2 or 3 of these as a snack/mini meal or post workout meal.
1. Equal portion of yellow mung dal and white urad dal. Wash thoroughly and soak overnight. Drain and make a smooth paste. Add salt to taste in this mixture.
2. Coriander mint chutney.
3. Finely chopped carrots and french bean. Cut them into thin strips and then saute them in a pan with 1 tsp of oil. Don't over cook them, they need to me firm and crisp, crumble paneer on top of them and mix well. Add salt and black peeper to taste.
You can make this stuffing the way you want, you can add spices, tomato anything that suits your taste and imagination.
1. On a non stick pan, spread few drop of oil and with a stoop lighly spread them (this is how I cook my pancakes with real less oil), you can also use an oil spray.
2. Now, spread the lentil batter. Make sure to spread it thin. This batter is smooth so it will spread evenly.
3. Cook the crepe from both the side.
4. Now, on one side spread the chutney and then arrange the topping. Seal it like an envelope and flip.
5. Take it out in a plate and serve.
I like them cold, so they really behave themselves when kept in the fridge and taste nice too.
Come take a bite.