I am mostly a bread eater during mornings. Toasted sandwich is very easy to make and tasty as hell.
I make this sandwich with home made paneer but you can make use of the market brought version.
The taste is very light as if you are eating cheese sandwich. Its a hit with my DH.
You can do other version like applying green coriander chutney and then putting the paneer mixture and then toasting it.
If you do not have an electric toaster, simply grill the sandwich with little oil/ghee on the pan. Keep pressing the bread so they shut close.
How to make paneer - I am sure most of you know this, so this is a quick over view. I use curd to make paneer as then it turns out to be softer.
If the curd is sour then you just need 1- 2 tbspn for 1 liter of milk. But if curd is not sour then use 1 bowl of curd. More the curd softer is the paneer.
To make paneer all you have to do is
1. Boil milk.
2. Once it comes to a boil add the curd.
3. Boil till the whey and the solid gets separated and then strain.
1. Mashed paneer 1 bowl.
2. Half onion finely chopped.
3. Green chilies finely chopped (according to taste).
4. Salt and black pepper according to taste.
5. Finely chopped coriander leaves.
1. Mix all the above ingredients nicely.
2. Arrange between 2 breads and grill.
3. Your sandwich is ready.
The onion will get cooked in steamed and will give the crunchy and slightly sweet taste.
I make the mixture at night so that in morning I just need to stuff and grill the sandwich (no one likes to cut onions early in the morning). You can keep the mixture for 3 days in the fridge.