Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Paneer Sandwich

I am mostly a bread eater during mornings. Toasted sandwich is very easy to make and tasty as hell.

I make this sandwich with home made paneer but you can make use of the market brought version.

The taste is very light as if you are eating cheese sandwich. Its a hit with my DH.

You can do other version like applying green coriander chutney and then putting the paneer mixture and then toasting it.

If you do not have an electric toaster, simply grill the sandwich with little oil/ghee on the pan. Keep pressing the bread so they shut close.

How to make paneer - I am sure most of you know this, so this is a quick over view. I use curd to make paneer as then it turns out to be softer.

If the curd is sour then you just need 1- 2 tbspn for 1 liter of milk. But if curd is not sour then use 1 bowl of curd. More the curd softer is the paneer.

To make paneer all you have to do is

1. Boil milk.

2. Once it comes to a boil add the curd.


3. Boil till the whey and the solid gets separated and then strain.


Ingredients

1. Mashed paneer 1 bowl.

2. Half onion finely chopped.

3. Green chilies finely chopped (according to taste).

4. Salt and black pepper according to taste.

5. Finely chopped coriander leaves.

Procedure

1. Mix all the above ingredients nicely.

2. Arrange between 2 breads and grill.



3. Your sandwich is ready.

The onion will get cooked in steamed and will give the crunchy and slightly sweet taste.

I make the mixture at night so that in morning I just need to stuff and grill the sandwich (no one likes to cut onions early in the morning). You can keep the mixture for 3 days in the fridge.

Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

  1. Shhhhhiiiivaaaa

    How u doing..good to c u back..

    infact u posted this yesterday and then took it back..i waiting to see our sandwiches dear:)

    i do this some time and add tomato sauce also in it..

    tastes yummm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you post this earlier..I tried accessing it but didn't open. I don't really like paneer..but this way and with green chutney, I have a feeling it will be just great. The mixture stays for 3 days??? With no cooking..oh I will love this then :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anamika,

    Yes I am back honey. Glad to know you too make this sandwich. Its tastes awesome by adding tomato sauce to the mixture.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rads,

    Yes I posted it by mistake and then deleted it.

    Glad you liked it. Its tastes real good so do give it a try.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shiva, you don't use tahini in your hummus..every recipe I see has that..so was just wondering?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rads,

    I use it sometimes but 1 or 2 tsp thats it. Tahini is high in oil :) that is why I try to use it in very less amount or just give it a miss. The taste is almost the same without it.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I didnt know it would taste teh same without it too..I have never actually tasted hummus na, so I wasn't sure. Had boiled chickpeas and kept today for just this work only, but then got confused about the tahini and just put it in the fridge. Thanks for clarifying :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rads,

    A quick tip for tahini. Take 1 tsp or 2 of sesame, add little olive oil and grind and then proceed to make the hummus the same way. You will get the tahini taste as well.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.