One thing that is quiet frequent in my fridge is spinach and paneer. When the hunger strikes a bowl of this dish satisfy me. This goes well on bread toast, with roti or with veggie platter and tastes amazing not to mention healthy. Its a super quick and super tasty recipe.
1. 2 Medium Size onions finely chopped (feel free to use more).
2. 4 bunch spinach, blanched and roughly blended. We are not looking at a smooth paste. What we want is the grainy paste. I always blanch and cook the spinach. (feel free to use more spinach). Put the spinach leaves in hot boiling water for 1 minutes and then immediately transfer to cold water. Then take the spinach out and grind it thick.
3. 5- 6 Garlic, finally chopped.
4. 2 tsp oil.
5. 1 tsp cream (optional).
6. Crumbled paneer, 100 gms.
6. Salt to taste.
1. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and then add garlic. Saute it for few seconds and then add onion pieces.
2. Saute the onion till it turns pink.
3. Add in spinach mix well and then add in paneer. Add in salt and mix well.
4. For those who get evaporated milk in mini packets, can then add that to the above spinach else you can either add cream or 1 big spoon milk. This is to give the spinach creamy taste.
5. Do not add additional water to this mixture. The consistency of this dish should be thick.
How do I eat it : This can either be my meal or snack. When I am snacking I have it with veggie platter. In this pic, there is saute vegetable in garlic and oregano, spinach -paneer and sweet potato nests. If I want to have it as a meal all I will do is replace sweet potato nest with roti.
Who says veggie platter cannot be your snack, it can be. Its way way healthier than a packet of chips. Give it a try, who knows you might end up liking it.
Enjoy this with Multigrain Roti - Read Here