Monday, April 25, 2011

Chinese Veg Fried Daliya

I just love Chinese food and I can eat any diet food which is disguised in some way as a Chinese dish.

I made this daliya out of my craving to have lovely Chinese veg fried rice.

The idea behind this dish is to have more of veggies and less of cereal(daliya). Though you can use more quantity of daliya its best to stick to 1 medium katori if you are making it for yourself only.

It tastes fabulous just like a Chinese dish.

Ingredients

1. Finely chopped veggies of your choice.

2. Ginger and garlic and green chilies finely chopped, quantity as per taste.

3. 1 tsp oil (I used sesame oil but feel free to experiment)

4. 1 medium bowl pre cooked daliya (Cracked/Broken wheat).

5. Salt and black pepper to taste.

6. 1/4 tsp Vinegar (we just need a small amount so be careful here)

7. Chings Veg oyster sauce 1/4 tsp OR Soya sauce 1/4 tsp.

8. 1/2 tsp Tomato Sauce (optional)



Procedure

1. Stir fry the veggies on high heat.



2. Once the veggies are crisp and done, add the daliya.



3. Add vinegar and stir well.

4. Add sauces and mix well.

5. Add salt and black pepper.



6. Keep stiring the daliya on high heat for 2 minutes.

7. Serve hot and enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Shiva - how does the daliya get cooked? Or do you add pre-cooked daliya..hopefully this isn't too stupid a question!! I don't know how to cook daliya :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rads,

    Thanks for pointing out. I did not mention in my post that it should be a pre cooked daliya. I corrected it now.

    I cook it with 1:2 daliya and water proportion. I just add double the amount of water and cover and let it simmer. I cook it till all the water is absorbed.

    You can do the same in pressure cooker. Cook it for 3 whistles.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I like! I am making this for lunch this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Girl,

    Thanks for liking it. I just love it and it tastes damn good. Do let me know how it turned out.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice...I usually add onions and carrots with few green chilis, never thought of adding vinegar and sauces..will give it a try.

    http://anshu-mymomsrecipes.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anshu,

    Thanks for liking the recipe. Sauce and Vinegar gives it a different taste.

    Have a great day ahead.

    Love

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.