Whenever I visit the market the fried vadas call my name and the temptation is very hard to resist. Once the vada is safely in my stomach, the guilt seeps in and the realization of the amount of oil just consumed in one fancy moment. There is also this uncomfortable feeling which stays for an hour, the feeling when the system tells us that we have just eaten something really heavy.
In my case heart rules the head and tongue rules everything. In short I have to listen to my temptations sooner or later where food is concerned.
SO, I went and bought myself cupcake and muffin plates, not to make muffins and cupcakes but to make vadas and bhajiyas, with the proper crunch and the crisp but of course with less oil.
1. You can use any type of lentils. Here I have used equal portions of white urad daal and chaana daal. Soak them overnight, next morning drain and grind to a smooth mixture. Add salt to the mixture while grinding.
2. 1 handful chopped french beans.
3. 1 grated carrot.
4. 1 cup grated cabbage.
5. Feel free to add any other veggies you want.
6. 2 tsp oil(to make 12 vadas).
1. Add the veggies to the lentil paste.
2. Coat the muffin tray with oil.
3. Use your hands to arrange the vadas in the try.
4. Drop oil on top of each vada.
5. Pre heat the oven at the highest temperature for 5 minutes.
6. Pop in the tray, vadas are done in 15 minutes. You can inset a knife to see if the vadas are done (if it comes out clean they are cooked from inside), they should be firm and crisp.
7. Enjoy!!!!. Hot cup of tea with lovely hot vadas, what else we need from life.