Sumedha and her daughter both are into low cal eating and both are into weight loss as well. When Sumedha narrated this recipe to me I could already see my husband blessing her. It was mouth watering to hear and mouth watering to eat as well.
Anything that is in your fridge. I used
1. Cabbage finely chopped.
2. Onions finely chopped.
3. 1 handful sweetcorn shells.
4. 1 handful panneer.
5. 1 Capsicum cut into length wise pieces.
6. Grated carrot.
7. Oregano and chili flakes
8. Black pepper according to taste.
9. Salt according to taste.
10. Half cheese slice (optional)
11. Tomato sauce 2 tsp (optional)
12. Salt according to taste
13. Roti dough made from wheat flour, bran and wheat germ. You can use type of dough.
1. Stir fry all the vegetables on high heat in 1 tsp of oil. First add onion and saute for 2 minutes and then add the other veggies. Add in sweet corn and panneer as well. DO NOT ADD SALT.
2. Cook the vegetables till they are done. Make sure that there is no moisture in the veggies.
3. Lastly add salt, oregano and chili flakes. Grate the cheese slice. Use a small grater so that even less cheese can spread easily over the whole vegetable dish. Mix well.
4. Add in sauce and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
5. Now roll out the dough, on half side spread the vegetable mix and the close shut by rolling the other half over.
6. Transfer to a pan and grill. You can use little oil/ghee on both sides of the paratha.
7. Once the paratha is grilled properly from both side, transfer to the plate and slit open.
The taste is awesome and does have a hint of pizza. I just loved it. You don't need any side dish with this.
There is something very convenient about frozen pizzas. When you enter the house late at night and toss a frozen pizza in the microwave and just eat it watching your favorite program BUT there is also something about the calories in the damned frozen pizza, they make you put on weight.
So, when you are in mood to cook healthy, make 2 -3 of these pizza parathas and freeze. They have the same charm as a frozen pizza but will have far less calories.
Sumedha's Words of Wisdom
1. I grated cucumber and squeezed out the juice. I drank the juice but added the fiber to the vegetable mixture.
2. I have also add grated bottle gourd and white radish in this.
3. Instead on stir frying I steamed the veggies.
4. My daughter just loves it.