Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pizza Paratha

Credit of this recipe goes to my friend Sumedha

Sumedha and her daughter both are into low cal eating and both are into weight loss as well. When Sumedha narrated this recipe to me I could already see my husband blessing her. It was mouth watering to hear and mouth watering to eat as well.

Ingredients


Anything that is in your fridge. I used

1. Cabbage finely chopped.

2. Onions finely chopped.

3. 1 handful sweetcorn shells.

4. 1 handful panneer.

5. 1 Capsicum cut into length wise pieces.

6. Grated carrot.

7. Oregano and chili flakes

8. Black pepper according to taste.

9. Salt according to taste.

10. Half cheese slice (optional)

11. Tomato sauce 2 tsp (optional)

12. Salt according to taste

13. Roti dough made from wheat flour, bran and wheat germ. You can use type of dough.




Procedure.


1. Stir fry all the vegetables on high heat in 1 tsp of oil. First add onion and saute for 2 minutes and then add the other veggies. Add in sweet corn and panneer as well. DO NOT ADD SALT.

2. Cook the vegetables till they are done. Make sure that there is no moisture in the veggies.

3. Lastly add salt, oregano and chili flakes. Grate the cheese slice. Use a small grater so that even less cheese can spread easily over the whole vegetable dish. Mix well.



4. Add in sauce and mix well. Keep aside to cool.

5. Now roll out the dough, on half side spread the vegetable mix and the close shut by rolling the other half over.




6. Transfer to a pan and grill. You can use little oil/ghee on both sides of the paratha.



7. Once the paratha is grilled properly from both side, transfer to the plate and slit open.




The taste is awesome and does have a hint of pizza. I just loved it. You don't need any side dish with this.

There is something very convenient about frozen pizzas. When you enter the house late at night and toss a frozen pizza in the microwave and just eat it watching your favorite program BUT there is also something about the calories in the damned frozen pizza, they make you put on weight.

So, when you are in mood to cook healthy, make 2 -3 of these pizza parathas and freeze. They have the same charm as a frozen pizza but will have far less calories.

Enjoy!!




Sumedha's Words of Wisdom

1. I grated cucumber and squeezed out the juice. I drank the juice but added the fiber to the vegetable mixture.

2. I have also add grated bottle gourd and white radish in this.

3. Instead on stir frying I steamed the veggies.

4. My daughter just loves it.

12 comments:

  1. Will definitely try this out..just reading through the recipe and the pics is making me hungry :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rads,

    When I took my first bite I was like holy hell, this is a low cal version of Calzone or Pzone. It was simply yum.

    Hope you like it as much as I do.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Satya..i am going to try it..and grated raddish, bottle gourd and other things is so healthy...thoroughly enjoyed reading the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anamika,

    So happy to see you here buddy. Muaaaaaahhhh.

    Its one healthy version of pizza for sure.

    BTW, who is Satya????

    Love

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE vegetables,so this recipe is after my own heart.

    I have a request,could you please add the "archive" gadget in your blog which neatly displays posts chronologically.I'd like to read the blog from day one and follow it up to the latest.

    I am sure it will be helpful to all of us who unfortunately,didn't follow your blog from the scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shiva, Just so good !! you are outdoing yourself here every day! Why dont you collate all your wonderful posts and come out with a book of your own?? By the way dont forget to mention me (for giving the idea) in your foreward when you release it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Laajo,

    Let me check out how I can put my old posts to archive. Last time I tried it failed. The blog is written in terms of articles so each post is independent on its own. Give me sometime to figure this out (there has to be a way to archive the older posts).

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Soul Speaks,

    Nice to see you back. I would love to get my book published but dunno when this dream will come true. Whenever it comes true I will surely mention your name.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Urmila,

    Thanks for liking this recipe and thanks a ton for the appreciation. I just microwave the paratha for 30 seconds and put it on the pan to make it crisp.

    Have a great day ahead.

    Lot of love to you,

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Urmila,

    What worked for me when my son was that young was home cooked ready meals in the fridge. So always keep extra roties, boiled sprouts, sabji made in less in the fridge. Don't wait to cook something when hunger strikes.

    Also if you have lot of salad with each meal then you will feel less hungry between meals.

    I also hired help for chopping vegetables. If you have healthy meals ready in the fridge then you won't reach out for unhealthy stuff. Preparing meals in advance takes some planning and extra time so an extra helping hand is a good idea.

    Hope this helps.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  11. just made them for ma office lunch.They look assum.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.