Saturday, April 24, 2010

Size Does Matter.

This Post is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.

Size has obsessed us from the ancient times. In weight loss kingdom I bet my soul that size does matter. It plays the most crucial part in satisfaction.

In my old fat days, I would cook in bigger vessels as, of course, I would not apply any measuring method like The Mighty Rule of Fist

The picture that you see below is of my Rice pot. The one in which I used to cook earlier and the one in which I cook now. I used to cook for 2 people in the bigger pot. I still cook for 2 people but in the smaller one now.




























These are the past and present vegetable cooking pans.






























This is the classic. Ever since my childhood I hated eating with small spoons. I always wanted bigger spoon so that I could take bigger bites and enjoy my food. I was known as a fast eater, I would quickly finish my first round and will be ready for the next. My meal would be over in 10 minutes max.

During my weight loss, I still used the bigger spoon. But I never felt satisfied while eating. As I would eat my food quickly but would force myself not to go for the second round.

Then I came across an article in which a woman lost 5 kgs by eating with baby spoons. I tried but baby spoons are way to small. Then I finally found what suited me best. The desert spoon!!!.

I have been eating with desert spoon from a long time now. Even if I try to eat with top speed I really can't manage much with this spoon. As this spoon force me to eat slowly I am satisfied with the first round of serving itself.
Now at parties I have real tough time with bigger spoons, I first go to the ice cream counter to get a smaller spoon for my meals.















This is a great trick, apply for sometime and see the difference.

No wonder as the vessels shrunk so did my size. Remember be it size zero OR ground zero it always matters

6 comments:

  1. Hey Shiva,

    I never realized this tip importance when I was with my parents.There every things had to be big.Big Bowls,plate,pans etc.

    My in laws eat quite less and to my surprise I hae started eating less just by shrinking the size of the pans.

    Its unbelievable but it really is true.

    Now when ever i go to visit my parents I look at the pans and tell always tell her what will you do with so much of food.:d
    But yes she never bothers:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anamika,

    Now a days I cook really less and there is hardly any left overs.

    Its good that you realised this trick.

    Have a great day ahead dear.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god... i never thought about this !! thnx for such lovely posts !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deepti,

    Welcome to my blog. I am glad you liked my tip.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant insight. Never gave it a thought personally. But it really makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear SlicOfmylife,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for the appreciation. I am glad you liked the post.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.