A fabulous friend of mine always has a salad plate ready whenever she invites me for dinner. Every time I have been to her place I am greeted with different kind of salads.
When I ate this one particular salad, I just couldn't believe how good it can taste and how it can be a very good snacking option.
Credit of this recipe goes to Rekha & Sanjay Bharti
1. 1 katori/bowl yellow mung dal. Soak it for 2 hours or until it swells.
2. 1 grated carrot.
3. Few mint leave chopped.
4. 1/2 finely chopped raw mango. If you want to avoid this then use lemon.
5. Coriander leaves finely chopped.
6. 2 tsp grated coconut (optional).
7. Green chili finely chopped.
8. Slat to taste.
1. Boil water in a pan, when the water start to boil, add little salt and add the soaked lentils. Boil for 5 minutes. Lentils should be cooked but firm. 5 minutes is more than enough for them. Drain and wash with cold water.
2. Mix the lentil with all the other stuffs.
3. The salad is ready. It tastes best when served cold.