Saturday, July 3, 2010

Vegetable Stir Fry with Tofu

I love Chinese, specially the crisp saute vegetables.

This is one fun dish. It makes use of lots of veggies and ginger and garlic. I am not a very big fan of tofu but I add it to this dish. The simpler version is to just stir fry the veggies with ginger and garlic and enjoy.

Ingredients :

1. 2 pods garlic - either chop them fine or make a paste.

2. French beans, cut side wise.

3. Carrots, cut in fine long strips

4. Handful sweet corns.

5. Capsicum, cut in fine long strips.

6. Tofu.

7. 1 packet mushroom.

8. 1 tsp fresh ginger paste. I grate the ginger.

9. 2 tsp oil.




Procedure.

1. There is no limit of the veggies you can add. Feel free to use your imagination.

2. First I put the mushroom in a pan without any oil. I let them cook till all the water is evaporated.



3. The tofu is marinated in soya sauce and half the garlic paste. Just rub it in the tofu and leave it aside for an hour.



4. Transfer the tofu on the pan and grill it thoroughly. Scramble and keep aside.



5. Now put the the pan. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Then add the veggies and saute at high flame for 3 -4 minutes.



6. Once they are crisp and done add the tofu and mushrooms.



7. Add salt in the end. You can also sprinkle black pepper.

8. Serve hot.




PS: Anamika this one is for you. I will upload other versions as well.

5 comments:

  1. Thanksssss a ton Shiva:)

    It is fantastic:)This way I can make my Husband eat lot of veggies..Marinating tofu this way is really intelligent..I will try it with paneer as well..

    I can not thank you enough for doing this for me Shiva..I know it is diffuclt to bring all the veggies and then cut them and do a post...

    Thanks again

    Lots of love

    Anamika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anamika,

    With tofu the taste is not that great but still I want to include tofu in my diet that is why I put it. Paneer will taste awesome. I do other version as well, will post for you as and when I make the dish.

    Come on honey, anything for you.

    Have a great day ahead.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiva I used tofu once for my dishes and i didnt like it at all..But yes it is so healthy..Ok i will try it out wit tofu so that i get the taste of it..

    After all life is about being healthy and beautiful..and mmmm many more things:D

    Have a great day ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Shiva,

    I tried this recipe yesterday without adding Mushrooms as they were not available in near by store..

    I used the tofu only and chopped them so that i dont get big pieces to eat..

    Best part of the dish was eating so many healthy vegetables altogether and I didnt have to struggle in eating them..

    My husband hates eating uncooked vegetables but this way even he enjoyes it.I serve him with some rice as he underweight..and i relished it like a whole meal..

    I just love the way you make me eat healthy food dear..

    God bless you

    Love

    Anamika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anamika,

    Hey its wonderful to know this. I am so happy to hear that you and your hubby liked the recipe.

    Lots of love

    Shiva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments motivate me to write, please do leave one.