Before I write anything about how tasty these toasts are let me tell you that all the credit and brownie points goes to a member who wrote to me with this recipe on IL.
I just loved it.
I have always looked for stuffs which can load my bread. Be it soya patties, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber. Anything, that can load my sandwich and makes me feel full and do not add more calories is always welcome. Infact its great way to start the day.
These toasts tastes fabulous and with each toast we use 1 tbsp of semolina (max) which is quiet acceptable.
1. 1/2 cup/katori suji/rava/semolina.
2. 2-3 tablespoon of curd. Make sure the curd is not sour. Keep in mind that you just require curd to make a thick paste.
3. Half finely cup capsicum.
4. 1 small onion finely chopped.
5. Green chillies to taste.
6. Coriander finely chopped.
7. Half tomato finely chopped.
8. Salt to taste.
9. Black pepper to taste.
1. In a bowl add semolina and curd and make a paste. Add rest of the ingredients. If the paste is extremely dry add little water. Add salt and pepper and let this paste rest for half an hour. You can also make this paste at night and use it in morning.
2. Apply a thin layer on bread.
3. Heat a pan and use little oil. I used oil spray. Now keep the toast on pan, the side which has the semolina layer should face up, put 2-3 drops of oil on the semolina layer.
Let the bread get crisp from down and then flip. Press a little so that the semolina gets cooked well. After 2 minutes flip back (you will see that the semolina is well cooked)
4. Serve hot.
5. You can do the same thing on a bun and enjoy with tea.